A Taxonomy Primer by Amy Warner. A nice, easy place to start.
A Boxes and Arrows series by Fred Leise, Karl Fast & Mike Steckel. This includes the ‘painfully elegant’ Glosso-Thesaurus.
- All About Facets & Controlled Vocabularies
- What Is A Controlled Vocabulary?
- Creating a Controlled Vocabulary
- Synonym Rings and Authority Files
- Controlled Vocabularies: A Glosso-Thesaurus
An IA and taxonomy case study from James Kelway. Good for thinking about how taxonomy design fits into a UCD process (and nice diagram).
ANSI/NISO Z39.19-1993. The Guidelines for the Construction, Format, and Management of Monolingual Thesauri are actually a surprisingly good read.
List of thesaurus software from Willpower Information